Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 4




Assignment- after our first mash draft was completed, our peers commented and critiqued our work in class. our assignment after that was to use the comments to improve our work or completely start over.

Craft- I tried to take the critiques I heard from my peers from class to improve my work, but it still didn't look right. In order to make my origianl project more successful, I added soldiers and cannons to the bottom of my work to give it more of a civil war feel. I thought this would fix my project, but it still didn't look right. So after the second critique, 2 days ago, I decided to just start from scratch. I had a picture of Lincoln's house where I photoshopped my friends just sitting around his living room. I first started by taking pictures of my friends just sitting around, but when I got into the lab to begin, I realized I didn't get my friend's feet in the picture. So then I began to start this long process of photoshopping other feet and shoes into the picture, and also copying and pasting my friend's jeans to lengthen their legs. I still can't get this project to look right, but I believe it is an improvment from my first attempt. I am hoping I can come to class today and have some help from my peers to complete my work.

Composition- It was pretty easy to decide where my friends were going to sit in this room. There was a limited amount of space to sit, and I knew I was going to use this picture of Lincoln's living room as my background, so I asked my friends to sit in certain ways so the picture would look right, I just accidently cropped their feet out. Whoops. When I first look at it, My eyed immediately go to my two friends sitting on the couch. I think because it is kind of centered in the picture, that's why. then my eyes drift to the guy in the front. And then the dog. I don't know if i have a preference as to the order of people in the picture people see first.

Concept- Several people from class choose to have Lincoln's face/body in a modern or current setting. I choose to flip it; I had a picture of Lincoln's living room, and decided to photoshop my friends into it. My message is saying Lincoln was a very welcoming guy and was happy to host people in his house, even my friends, who are just regular people. It kind of has the same message as others in my class and their works (the whole Lincoln is just an average Joe), but instead of having him in a current setting, I have pictures of my friends is a Lincoln era scene.

1 comment:

  1. craft(how it was made)

    This project was made by finding pictures from the Abe era and modern pictures from this era. Katie had a great background picture where she had to photoshop the people in. Im sure she used adobe photoshop and adobe lighroom. She sarurated the images and gave them a different look.

    composition (how it was arranged)

    She had the Abe era picture as her background and added the new ear pictures taken by her in the front. She made sure to do a clean photoshop work. I loved the way she arranged the people sitting in the chairs and it looks amazing!

    concept (what it is about)

    The concept of this project was to combine to eras from the past and now and make something with them. I think she clearly sends the message that Lincoln opened up to people.

    ReplyDelete