Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 3








Assignment- This week our assignment was to pick one picture from the Lincoln era and one from our own era and mix them.
Craft- First, I needed to pick two pictures I wanted to combine. I liked the idea of not having Lincoln's actual picture in there, so that narrowed down my choices to a chair of Lincoln's, or a picture of San Fransisco at that time. I picked the San Fransisco one, and also the picture I took of the residence halls on Campus. I then decided to use the San Fransisco pictures the background and I then photoshoped the residence halls of SXU into the picture where they fit appropriately.
Composition- It was a tough decision which buildings to keep from the Lincoln era photo and which buildings to put the residence halls over. I really liked all of the buildings from the San Fransisco page, but i took out the lighter ones because the residence hall pictures are lighter, and so if I kept the darker buildings, it would create great contrast.
Concept- my message was not explained very well in the picture, so I need to add to it, but what I was trying to say is that a lot of things have changed from when Lincoln was president; everything down to the architecture. Also, one can tell the surroundings are different as well because in the background of this picture, the ground is very dry, deserted, etc. We have fields now, dont' get me wrong, but it is not very common for our grounds to look like that like they all looked like back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment